QuestionWhat you need to knowForm
One of my staff almost fell from the roof.This is a near miss and should be recorded and because the outcome could have been serious, definitely an investigation should be carried out for this.

The hazard/risk register may need to be updated to reflect the outcomes from the investigation.

A toolbox meeting will need to discuss this near miss afterwards. Not to name and shame, but to discuss with the whole staff the near miss and what contributed to it and how to avoid it in the future.

The accident register should then document the completed process and all the forms filed together.